2 Area Support Group Signal Squadron
|2 Area Support Group Signal Squadron|
|Active||2003 – 2013|
|Nickname||2 ASG Sigs|
|Motto||FIDELUS CURSOR (Faithful Runner)|
2 Area Support Group Signal Squadron (2 ASG Sig Sqn) was a Regular Force Army unit within the Canadian Forces. The unit was created when the redesignation of 702 Communication Squadron was authorized on 3 February 2003.
The squadron was responsible to deliver secure and non-secure communication and information systems across Land Force Central Area (LFCA). 2 ASG Signal Squadron was headquartered at Canadian Forces Base (CFB) Petawawa with troops in Petawawa, Kingston, Toronto, London and section-sized detachments in Ottawa, Sault Ste Marie, and North Bay.
The unit ceased to exist when it was authorized to be redesignated 4th Canadian Division Support Group Signal Squadron on 27 June 2013.
- Major Luc Angiolini, CD 2003–2004
- Major Ray Charlebois, CD, 2004–2006
- Major James Greengrass, CD, 2006–2008
- Major James Bronson, CD, 2008–2009
- Major Alex MacPherson, CD, 2009–2011
- Major Jason Smith, CD, 2011–2013
Squadron Sergeants Major
- Master Warrant Officer Theresa Charlton, CD, 2003–2005
- Master Warrant Officer Don MacIsaac, CD, 2005–2007
- Master Warrant Officer Rob Sheldrick, CD, 2007–2008
- Master Warrant Officer Allan Montgomery, CD, 2008–2010
- Master Warrant Officer Stephen McNabb, MMM, CD, 2010–2011
- Master Warrant Officer Al Trask, CD, 2011–2013
702 Communication Squadron
|2 Area Support Group Signal Squadron
2003 to 2013
| Succeeded by|
4th Canadian Division Support Group Signal Squadron
- No related pages at this time
- Ministerial Organization Order 2003005, 3 February 2003.
- Wikipedia Article
- Ministerial Organization Order 2013046, 27 June 2013.