Armoured Command Vehicle 6x6 Low Power
|Armoured Command Vehicle 6x6 Low Power|
|Manufacturer||Associated Equipment Co.|
|Produced||1944 - 1945|
|Number built||151 (HP and LP)|
The Armoured Command Vehicle 6x6 Low Power was a vehicle manufactured by Associated Equipment Company. Used by RC Sigs during the war at Armoured Divisional Headquarters as a low power wireless control terminal for communication between main and rear corps and between main and rear div. Also served as office for members of the divisional staff. Armoured Fighting Vehicle state reports from May 1945 show them in use by 5 Canadian Armoured Division while 4 Canadian Armoured Division used the four-wheeled variants.
Photos of the vehicle in Canada after the war are known. Wartime photos of the vehicles use by Canada have not yet been located.
The vehicle was built starting in 1944 and was based on the AEC O857 Truck Chassis. Produced in both High Power (HP) and Low Power (LP) variants, they differed only in the radio and communications equipment they were fitted with.
- No related pages at this time