Colonial Permanent Forces Long Service and Good Conduct Medal
This medal was for permanent forces in the Army, Air Force, and Navy until 1925, with ranks of Non-commissioned Officers (NCOs) and non-commissioned members, who had 18 years of service. The medal was established in 1909 and was given out until 1932. The ranks eligible included Warrant Officers, Non-commissioned Officers (NCOs) and non-commissioned members.
A circular, silver medal, 36-mm in diameter.
There was no bar to the medal.
On the obverse is King George V shown in Field Marshal's uniform, facing left, and the legend: GEORGIVS.V. BRITT.OMN REX ET IMP:
The reverse bears the inscription: FOR/ LONG SERVICE/ AND GOOD/ CONDUCT in four lines and around the perimeter the words: PERMANENT FORCES OF THE EMPIRE BEYOND THE SEAS.
1909 to 1916: The crimson ribbon was 32-mm wide, with a narrow central white stripe.
1916 to 1932: The crimson ribbon was 32-mm wide with a dark blue centre stripe (3-mm wide) and narrow white stripe on each side of the centre (2-mm wide).
A single-toe claw with double-scroll claw supports on the rim, attached to a straight, swiveling suspender.
This medal is awarded for service between when it was authorized in Canada and 1932.
The medal is engraved around the edge with the recipients number, rank, name and regiment/corps.
There were 839 awarded to the Canadian Army and 1 to the RCAF.
There have been 8 Signals recipients of the Colonial Permanent Forces Long Service and Good Conduct Medal. Please see Colonial Permanent Forces Long Service and Good Conduct Medal - Signals Recipients for a listing of the individuals.