Dickebusch New Military Cemetery
|Dickebusch New Military Cemetery|
|Owned by:||Commonwealth War Graves Commission|
|Number of gravesites:||616|
|Website:||Dickebusch New Military Cemetery|
The Dickebusch New Military Cemetery is located south-east of Ieper (Ypres) Belgium. It contains burials from the Great War including 84 Canadians.
The New Military Cemetery was begun in February 1915 and was used until May 1917 by fighting units and field ambulances, with a few further burials taking place in March and April 1918. The Extension was used from May 1917 to January 1918.
The New Military Cemetery contains 624 First World War burials, including 8 unidentified, the Extension contains 547 including 5 unidentified.
From Ieper town centre the Dikkebusseweg (N375), is reached via Elverdingsestraat, straight over a roundabout onto J.Capronstraat (for 30 metres), then left along M.Fochlaan.
Immediately after the train station, the first right hand turning is the Dikkebusseweg.
On reaching the village of Dikkebus, the cemetery is located on the Kerkstraat, which is a small street turning left off the Dikkebusseweg. 200 metres along this street, and just beyond the village church, lies the cemetery.
"We Rest Here"
The following members related to Signals are buried here.
|Headstone||Service Number||Rank and Name||Grave Location|
|51||Sapper SG Brewer||J. 23.|
|93||Corporal GH Davis||J. 27.|
|120||Lance Corporal HW Frogley||J. 24.|