Motorcycle, BSA J12
|Motorcycle, BSA J12|
1936 BSA J12 Motorcycle
|Engine|| 498cc OHV V twin|
|Ground clearance||5' 5"|
The 1936 BSA J12 was a motorcycle used by the Royal Canadian Corps of Signals in the inter-war period for despatch riders. Manufactured by The Birmingham Small Arms Company Limited (BSA), the J12 was described as a 498cc overhead valve (OHV) "Vee-Twin". The motorcycle was purchased in it's 'factory' configuration of a black frame, chrome plated petrol tank with green panels and an instrument panel in the tank. The standard tyre size was 3.25 x 19 front and rear with the rear wheel being quickly detachable.
Canadian period documentation indicates that in total there were nine purchased for use by the Signal Corps. BSA records show that the motorcycles were shipped from the factory on 7 April 1936.
- No related pages at this time