Noeux-Les-Mines Communal Cemetery
|Noeux-Les-Mines Communal Cemetery|
|Location:||Pas de Calais|
|Owned by:||Commonwealth War Graves Commission|
|Number of gravesites:||978|
|Website:||Noeux-Les-Mines Communal Cemetery|
The Noeux-Les-Mines Communal Cemetery is a cemetery in the Pas de Calais region of France containing the graves of Canadians killed during the Great War.
The COMMUNAL CEMETERY at Noeux-les-Mines was used by the Commonwealth forces (in succession to the French) from June 1915 to August 1917. The earlier burials were carried out by units and field ambulances but in April 1917, the 7th Casualty Clearing Station began to use the cemetery. It contains 980 Commonwealth burials of the First World War.
The EXTENSION was begun in August 1917 and used until December 1918, chiefly by the 6th and 7th Casualty Clearing Stations. It contains 304 Commonwealth burials of the First World War and 12 German war graves.
Noeux-les-Mines is a town 6 kilometres south of Bethune on the main road to Arras.
The Communal Cemetery is on the northern side of the town, on the south-east side of the road to Labourse.
"We Rest Here"
The following Signals related people are buried here.