Quarry Wood Cemetery, Sains-Les-Marquion
|Quarry Wood Cemetery|
|Location:||Pas de Calais|
|Owned by:||Commonwealth War Graves Commission|
|Number of gravesites:||273|
|Website:||Quarry Wood Cemetery|
The Quarry Wood Cemetery is a cemetery in the Pas de Calais region of France containing graves from the Great War.
The cemetery was made by the 102nd Canadian Battalion in October 1918.
There are now over 250, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, a small number are unidentified and a special memorial is erected to one Canadian Officer believed to be buried among them.
The cemetery covers an area of 1,249 square metres and is enclosed by a rubble wall.
Sains-les-Marquion is a village approximately 12 kilometres north-west of Cambrai and 2 kilometres south of the Arras to Cambrai road (D939).
The Cemetery lies at the end of an access path to the left of the D15 road heading towards Havrincourt, about 2 kilometres from the village.
"We Rest Here"
The following Signals related people are buried here.
|Headstone||Service Number||Rank and Name||Grave Location|
||504351||Spr H. Ellis||II. B. 17.|
||796643||Spr D.E. Stegmeier||II. B. 15.|