Wailly Orchard Cemetery
|Wailly Orchard Cemetery|
|Location:||Pas de Calais|
|Owned by:||Commonwealth War Graves Commission|
|Number of gravesites:||351|
|Website:||Wailly Orchard Cemetery|
The Wailly Orchard Cemetery is a cemetery in the Pas de Calais region of France containing the graves of Canadians killed during the Great War.
The cemetery was begun in May 1916 by the Liverpool battalions of the 55th (West Lancashire) Division, as a front line cemetery, screened from German observation by a high wall. It was little used in 1917, but in March-August 1918, it was considerably enlarged by the Canadian and other units defending the Third Army front.
Wailly Orchard Cemetery contains 366 First World War burials, 15 of them unidentified.
Wailly is a village in the Department of the Pas-de-Calais about 6 kilometres south-west from Arras. Wailly Orchard Cemetery stands above the village.
"We Rest Here"
The following Signals related person is buried here.
|Headstone||Service Number||Rank and Name||Grave Location|
||709936||Spr F.E. MacLardy||II. D. 9.|