Wireless Telegraph Set Trench 50 watt DC
The Wireless Telegraph Set Trench 50 watt DC, also known as the BF Set or Trench Set, was a fixed spark and induction coils set used for Brigade to Division communications. The radios needed to have an aerial of length ranging from 60 to 80 yards mounted on masts but this made them easy targets for enemy gunfire. The aerials could, however, be run close to the ground but with a reduced range.
- Communication by Wireless (SS.141) March 1918
- Notes on Wireless (SS.141) February 1917
- Signal Service (France) Technical Instructions No. 7 Wireless Trench Set, DC 50 Watts, April 1918
- Wireless Telegraph Communications in the Canadian Corps
- Wireless for the Warrior Compendium 1. Louis Melustee. Emaus, 2009. ISBN 978-90-808277-2-1