1st Canadian Division Headquarters and Signal Regiment
|1st Canadian Division Headquarters and Signal Regiment|
|Active||22 December 1989 – 1 June 2000|
|Part of||Force Mobile Command|
1st Canadian Division Headquarters and Signal Regiment was formed from 1st Canadian Signal Regiment (1963) in 1989, with the stand up of the 1st Canadian Division. By 1993, the satellite communication assets of the unit had been relocated to 79 Communication Regiment under a Memorandum of Understanding between Force Mobile Command and Canadian Forces Communication Command. These were still held in Kingston within 1 CDHSR lines, but administered by 79 Communication Regiment for CFCC.Versutus - A History of the Signal Regiment.
The unit was authorized to disband officially in September 2000, with the stand down of the 1st Canadian Division, although most personnel had been posted to the Canadian Forces Joint Signal Regiment within that posting season.
- LCol D.L. Dempster - Dec 1989 to June 1991
- LCol J.I. Holsworth - June 1991 to June 1993
- LCol M.E. Hanrahan - June 1993 to June 1995
- LCol J.B. Francki - June 1995 to July 1997
- LCol C.J. Weicker - July 1997 to June 1999
- LCol D.G Neasmith - June 1999 to June 2000
Regimental Sergeants Major
- CWO W.G. Fallows, CD, 21 Dec 1989 - 31 May 1991
- CWO P.C. St-Laurent, MMM, CD, 28 Jul 1991 - 4 Aug 1992
- CWO R.R. Daigle, CD, 4 Aug 1992 - 21 Jul 1994
- CWO J.D.S. Lebrun, CD, 21 Jul 1994 - 10 Jul 1997
- CWO L.O. Veinot, MMM, CD, 10 Jul 1997 - 1 Jun 2000
1st Canadian Signal Regiment
|1st Canadian Division Headquarters and Signal Regiment
22 December 1989 - 1 June 2000
| Absorbed by|
Canadian Forces Joint Signal Regiment
Notes and References
- The date of unit creation differs with some references saying 26 August 1989 and others 22 December 1989.
- Ministerial Organization Order 2000017, 5 Sep 2000.