5th Canadian Divisional Signal Company
|5th Canadian Divisional Signal Company|
|Active||Jan 1917 – May 1919|
The 5th Canadian Divisional Signal Company was organized in Witley in January 1917 under the command of Captain W. M. Miller based on personnel from Signal Company, Canadian Engineers Training Depot, Crowborough.
In August 1917, "A" and "B" Artillery sub-sections were detached and proceeded to France with the 13th and 14th Brigades, Canadian Field Artillery.
Having never crossed to the continent, the remainder of company was disbanded at Witley in February 1918. Along with the remainder of 5th Canadian Division, the members were bound for France as much needed reinforcements for the four divisions already in the field.
- Captian (later Major) W.M. Miller, January 1917 to February 1918
- No related pages at this time