Signal Training Depot
|Signal Training Depot|
|Active||15 May 1915 – 1918|
The Signal Training Depot was established in Ottawa on 15 May 1915 as part of the Engineer Training Depot. In June 1916, the Engineer portion of the Depot moved to Camp Valcartier, but the Signal School remained in Ottawa until it was closed early in 1918, having sent its last draft overseas on 1 January 1918. The School was briefly 'reopened' in late 1918 to train soldiers bound for the Canadian Siberian Expeditionary Force, notably those in 6th Canadian Divisional Signal Company.
Based on photo captions, the unit appears to have operated from Landsdowne Park and from Rockcliffe Camp in the city's East end.
|New unit||Signal Training Depot
15 May 1915 - 1918
| Succeeded by|
- No related pages at this time