4th Canadian Divisional Signal Company
|4th Canadian Divisional Signal Company|
|Active||May 1916 – June 1919|
There were two distinct units during the Great War time period that used the name 4th Canadian Divisional Signal Company. One existed only for mobilization purposes while the second saw battle with the CEF as part of the 2nd Canadian Division CEF.
The mobilization 4th Canadian Divisional Signal Company CE was organized at Ottawa in March 1916 under the command of Lieutenant F.H.M. Jones as authorized by General Order 69 of 15 July 1916. The unit left Halifax on 22 May 1916 aboard the BALTIC and arrived in England 31 May 1916 where it was disbanded at Canadian Engineers Training Depot, Shorncliffe.
The 4th Canadian Divisional Signal Company CE that served with the CEF was organised at Shorncliffe England in May 1916 under the command of Major A.G. Lawson. It was raised from personnel from the Canadian Engineers Training Depot and arrived in France 12 August 1916.
The 4th Canadian Divisional Signal Company CE was demobilised at Toronto in June 1919 and disbanded by General Order 210 of 15 November 1920.
- Lieutenant F.H.M. Jones, March 1916 to 31 May 1916 (Mobilization unit in Canada to the UK)
- Maj A.G. Lawson, RCE, 14 May 1916 to 12 July 1918
- Maj F.G. Malloch, CE, 13 July 1918 to 15 November 1920
- No related pages at this time