77 Line Regiment
|77 Line Regiment|
|Nickname||77 Line Regt|
|Motto||USQUE AD FINEM (Latin phrase meaning “Through”)|
Authorized to be created on 31 May 2016 by Ministerial Organization Order 2016004 and later by Canadian Forces Organizational Order on 23 September 2016. Assigned to 7 Communication Group, the new unit's aim being to amalgamate Canadian Armed Forces infrastructure line capabilities across the country, incorporating base line detachments under regional line squadrons which derive from the legacy shared services units. A formal inauguration ceremony for 77 Line Regt was held on 20 July 2016 in conjunction with a 7 Comm Gp Change of Command Ceremony at Cartier Square Drill Hall, in Ottawa.
77 Line Regiment consists of the following sub-units:
- Regimental Headquarters (Kingston, Ontario)
- 2 Line Squadron (St-Jean, Quebec)
- 3 Line Squadron (Edmonton, Alberta)
- 4 Line Squadron (Petawawa, Ontario)
- 5 Line Squadron (Halifax, Nova Scotia)
Each squadron has detachments that serve each of the Bases/Stations/Garrisons/Wings of the Canadian Armed Forces within their geographical area of responsibility. As of June 2016, there were 28 detachments in all.
- LCol Scott Gillingham, 2016 - present
Regimental Sergeants Major
- CWO B.R. MacKnight, 2016 - present
Shared Services Unit (Atlantic)
|77 Line Regiment
2016 to Present
| Succeeded by|
Shared Services Unit (Central)
Shared Services Unit (East)
Shared Services Unit (West)
- No related pages at this time
- Ministerial Organization Order 2016004, 31 May 2016.
- Canadian Forces Organizational Order CANADIAN FORCES ORGANIZATION ORDER 6905 - 77 LINE REGIMENT (77 LINE REGT), 23 Sep 16.
- CMCEN.ca article on 7 Communication Group