Fort Norman NWT and Y station

From RCSigs.ca
Jump to: navigation, search
Fort Norman NWT and Y Station
Northwest Territoties
Station Fort Norman 1947.jpg
Coordinates 64°54′N 125°34′W / 64.9, -125.567
In use 1930 - 1959

Opened in August 1930 as a relay station between Edmonton and Aklavik, to provide weather information, and communications for the Pitchblende mines. Handed over to the Department of Transport on 19 June 1959.

Related Pages

No related pages at this time

Related Items