|This article is Under Construction and as such may be considered incomplete. Information appearing on this page is as accurate as possible but further work is intended before the page will be considered mature and this notice removed.
August 5, 1995 marked a momentous occasion for the Royal Canadian Signals. A Memorial Cairn was erected and dedicated to all those who served in any capacity with the North West Territories and Yukon Radio System from 1923 to 1959. Special mention on the cairn was made toward those who died while in service with NWT&YRS RCSigs.
It is situated on the site of the original VED radio station 13335 - 127 Street, Edmonton, Alberta. A larger station was built later to include the headquarters moved here from VER by Major Jack Pearson in May 1943. The cairn is very attractive and can be viewed from 127 Street while walking or driving.