Mayo NWT and Y station
|Mayo Landing NWT and Y Station|
|In use||1923 - 1960|
Opened October 1923 - to provide communication for police to Dawson, and also to a large mining area. Later served as a relay link between NWT and the Yukon working to Whitehorse and Dawson in the Yukon and Norman in the NWT with direct communication by short wave to Edmonton. Provided weather reports and communications with aircraft. Handed over to the Department of Transport February 1960.
- No related pages at this time